*Only successful candidates will be contacted directly for first telephone interview
External Lightning Project Estimator
|External Lightning Project Estimator
|Submit CV to:
DEHN Inc. Overview:
DEHN protects. Two words, a big promise.
The motto of our company has been both an obligation and an incentive since 1910 of our family-owned company. Headquartered in Bavaria, Germany, DEHN’s mission is to provide world-class Lightning and Surge protection solutions for people, building installations and electrical/electronic devices and systems against the effects of lightning and surges. For the past 113 years, we have been leading the development in surge protection, lightning protection and safety equipment, making DEHN the most experienced and trusted expert for a total protection concept.
DEHN Inc. is the USA subsidiary for DEHN SE (ISO 9001/14001 certified). We focus on solutions for lightning and surge-related problems as they apply to the North American market. These solutions include education, technical assistance, system design, risk assessments and site surveys in addition to the lightning and electrical surge protection products.
Our philosophy is to use best practices from the IEC and our experience globally and apply them to the USA IEEE and NEC standards. By combining the best technologies and processes from international and domestic markets, DEHN assures the customer will receive the most comprehensive solution tailored to their specific application. Our customers include commercial, communications, energy, electronics, industrial, hospitality, infrastructure, medical, security & defense markets.
Companies depend on DEHN solutions to ensure their facilities and assets run efficiently and without fail, protecting the plant, people, equipment and the critical services they provide to the public and industry. With over 110 years in business, we have 2 words… DEHN protects.
- The Estimator will demonstrate excellent technical writing skills to create new and focused quotations and proposals.
- Comprehension and application of NFPA 780
- Review and comprehension of construction documents (plans, specs., etc.)
- Research and create cost models with accurate financial quotations.
- Office 365 and Sharepoint proficient (Excel, Word, Teams, etc.)
- Detail oriented in workflow, filing project documentation and file management systems.
- Participate actively on Standards Committees and manage communication with DSE.
- Assist in creating NFPA 780 / UL 96A / IEC 62561 Product Line
- Develop and Coordinate Training Expansion of our market-leading position in the industry.
- Create demand for DEHN, Inc’s Solutions which include education, technical assistance, system design, risk assessments and site surveys in addition to products from our Surge Protection, Lightning Protection and Safety Equipment catalogues.
- Promote DEHN Solutions to engineers, end-users, distributors, etc. to create a growing and sustainable market channel through specifying and demonstrating products from DEHN.
- Design and document lightning protection systems per IEC and NFPA standards.
Job Requirements & Skills:
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is preferred (technical discipline preferred, mechanical or electrical).
- Minimum of 5 years technical engineering, application engineering or relevant construction experience. Clean driving record.
- An electrical engineering degree or comparable job experience, coupled with an understanding of marketing or business administration
- Organizational skills, strong communication skills and team spirit
- Several years of professional experience in business development in a technical field, preferably in the electrical industry
- A high affinity for learning new topics and new technologies, especially in the energy sector
- Experience in technical sales of products and services requiring explanation
- Excellent presentation and moderation skills
Skill Set Required:
- Several years of experience in sales and engineering of technically complex products and construction/installation projects.
- Proficient with Bluebeam software
- High level of commitment and excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present in front of customers.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite a must. Experience using CRM tools an asset.
- Ability to travel for 1 or 2 weeks at a time (training, customer visits) once or twice a year as well as 1–4-day overnight travel (customer visits, trade shows, etc.) throughout the year. Up to 25% travel.
- Candidate must be customer orientated, passionate have a positive attitude and self-confidence.
- Integrity and honesty a must.
- Must be able to adapt to new strategies and integrate within the team.
- Ability to get certified to USA based NFPA780 and Lightning Protection Institute standards.
- Ability to get certified to IEC 62305 standards.
- Competitive Salary plus bonus and health insurance, excellent earning potential.
- Ability to grow within the Organization long term.
- Intensive training at the headquarters and in the region.
- DEHN Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.