Regional Account Executive
Regional Account Executive – Lightning and Surge Protection Solutions
|Reports to:||General Manager/Technical Director|
|Location:||South East USA – Home Office Based|
|Start Date:||Approx. July 2018|
|Submit CV to:||ContactDEHN@dehn-usa.com|
*Only successful candidates will be contacted directly for first telephone interview
DEHN Inc. Overview:
DEHN protects. Two words, a big promise.
The motto of our company has been both an obligation and an incentive since 1910 of our family-owned company. Headquartered in Bavaria, Germany, DEHN’s mission is to provide world-class Lightning and Surge protection solutions for people, building installations and electrical/electronic devices and systems against the effects of lightning and surges. For the past 105 years, we have been leading the development in surge protection, lightning protection, and safety equipment, making DEHN the most experienced and trusted expert for a total protection concept.
DEHN Inc. is the USA and Caribbean subsidiary for DEHN SE + Co KG (ISO 9001/14001 certified). We focus on solutions for lightning and surge-related problems as they apply to the North American market. These solutions include education, technical assistance, system design, risk assessments and site surveys in addition to the product.
Our philosophy is to use best practices from the IEC and our experience globally and apply them to the USA IEEE and NEC standards. By combining the best technologies and processes from international and domestic markets, DEHN assures the customer will receive the most comprehensive solution tailored to their specific application. Our customers include commercial, communications, energy, electronics, industrial, hospitality, infrastructure, medical, security & defence markets.
Companies depend on DEHN solutions to ensure their facilities and assets run efficiently and without fail, protecting the plant, people, equipment and the critical services they provide to the public and industry. With over 100 years in business, we have 2 words… DEHN protects.
DEHN, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Regional Account Executive supporting the DEHN’s 5 year-and-beyond North American growth plan. This position is well suited for an energetic, highly motivated, career-oriented individual who is looking to join the DEHN team.
DEHN is a leading, internationally active family of electrical engineering business units with approximately 1,700 employees worldwide. In the Bavarian Region of Germany, we develop and produce innovative components and devices for surge protection, lightning protection, and occupational safety. The basis for our constant growth is tied to more than 100 years of tradition and experience, exceptionally high-quality standards, and our consistent customer and market orientation.
- Expansion of our market-leading position in the industry.
- Customer acquisition and development of existing customers to find new opportunities, maximize sales and promote market expansion.
- Create demand for DEHN, Inc’s Solutions which include education, technical assistance, system design, risk assessments and site surveys in addition to products from our Surge Protection, Lightning Protection and Safety Equipment catalogues.
- Promote DEHN Solutions to engineers, end-users, distributors, etc. to create a growing and sustainable market channel through specifying and demonstrating products from DEHN.
- In conjunction with the Sales Director and Technical Director, develop strategies, roadmaps and tactical plans to achieve individual sales targets.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress within the organization and may also have opportunities for overseas experience.
Job Requirements & Skills:
- Proven track record of sales excellence, customer management and professional communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) from an accredited institution is required (technical discipline preferred, mechanical or electrical).
- Minimum of 1-2 years application engineering or relevant technical sales experience.
- Clean driving record.
Skill Set Required:
- Several years of experience in sales of technical products
- High level of commitment and excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present in front of customers.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite a must. Experience using a CRM tool such as MS Dynamics or Salesforce an asset.
- Ability to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time (training, customer visits) once or twice a year as well as 1-4 day overnight travel (customer visits, tradeshows, etc.) throughout the year (approximately 35% travel).
- Candidate must be customer orientated, passionate and have a positive attitude and self-confidence.
- Integrity and honesty a must.
- Must be able to adapt to new strategies and integrate within the team.
- Completed education (Technician or comparable experience) or a Degree in Electrical/Mechanical engineering or relevant experience in Lightning Protection, Surge Protection, Energy or Automation technologies.
What to expect:
- Competitive salary plus commission, uncapped earning potential.
- Ability to grow within the organization long term.
- Intensive training at the headquarters and in the region.
- Auto allowance, mobile phone, laptop and home office equipment.
- Commitment from a world-wide, family owned organization.
DEHN Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.