Since the foundation of our company in 1910, environmental protection has a high standing in our company philosophy: For everything that is protected by our products belongs to our environment. All damage to buildings or material assets inevitably has direct or indirect negative effects on the environment and thus on people, for example fire, destruction or use of additional resources and energy for reconstruction or reinvestment.
Environmental protection: Consistent and comprehensive
We are aware of the responsibility of manufacturers to protect the environment. Therefore, consistent and comprehensive environmental protection is an integral part of our company’s philosophy.
- Environmental management: Our Environmental Protection Department is involved in investment decisions as well as changes of production and corporate processes. Every employee is obliged to comply with our corporate environmental policy.
- Water: In some sanitary facilities we use rain water instead of drinking water to flush the toilets. The unused rain water returns to the natural cycle via infiltration points and a pond system.
- Illumination: Brightness-controlled lighting systems or programmed switching times ensure energy-saving and requirements-based lighting in production and administration buildings.
- Hazardous substances: Liquids and chemicals that are hazardous to water are safely stored in special rooms and storage areas. Systems that are potentially harmful to the environment or systems where hazardous substances are processed are integrated in the building control system and are systematically monitored.
- Recycling management: Contemporary waste collection and recycling management is ensured by disposal processes, container systems as well as regular employee training. Residual material from production is recycled separately.
- Vehicle fleet: The vehicles of our fleet are equipped with modern low-emission and low-consumption technology (start-stop function, particulate filter). The exhaust gases of our commercial vehicles are cleaned of emissions by SCR catalytic converter technology.
- Power consumption: An energy management system with peak load regulation ensures adapted and reduced power consumption. We use the latest low-consumption compressor technology to generate compressed air. The use of waste heat and rapid action doors reduces energy loss in buildings.
- Power generation: We use photovoltaic systems and solar thermal collectors to produce our own power and warm water.
Certification according to DIN EN ISO 14001
At the beginning of the 1990s, an environmental management system has been systematically set up and became an integral part of our company. In 2000, independent external experts examined our company for the first time. Since then, we have been certified according to the internationally recognised DIN EN ISO 14001 standard.