*Only successful candidates will be contacted directly for first telephone interview
Designer Drafter Engineer
|Designer Drafter Engineer
|Submit CV to:
DEHN Inc. Overview:
DEHN protects. Two words, a big promise.
The motto of our company has been both an obligation and an incentive since 1910 of our family-owned company. Headquartered in Bavaria, Germany, DEHN’s mission is to provide world-class Lightning and Surge protection solutions for people, building installations and electrical/electronic devices and systems against the effects of lightning and surges. For the past 110 years, we have been leading the development in surge protection, lightning protection and safety equipment, making DEHN the most experienced and trusted expert for a total protection concept.
DEHN Inc. is the USA subsidiary for DEHN SE (ISO 9001/14001 certified). We focus on solutions for lightning and surge-related problems as they apply to the North American market. These solutions include education, technical assistance, system design, risk assessments and site surveys in addition to the lightning and electrical surge protection products.
Our philosophy is to use best practices from the IEC and our experience globally and apply them to the USA IEEE and NEC standards. By combining the best technologies and processes from international and domestic markets, DEHN assures the customer will receive the most comprehensive solution tailored to their specific application. Our customers include commercial, communications, energy, electronics, industrial, hospitality, infrastructure, medical, security & defense markets.
Companies depend on DEHN solutions to ensure their facilities and assets run efficiently and without fail, protecting the plant, people, equipment and the critical services they provide to the public and industry. With over 110 years in business, we have 2 words… DEHN protects.
The position is based at the HQ/near and associated manager and serves as a drafting resource of the DEHN, Inc. design team in the USA.
The primary duties include creation of 3D CAD models of parts and drawings of building/structures using Sketchup software from a variety of documents, photograph and earth view inputs for the purpose of providing lightning protection systems.
The position may develop into additional application engineering support for identifying the correct lightning protection and electrical surge protection products.
Some travel in USA and Germany for training and for site review may be required, up to 10%.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to create drawings and templates
- Versatile, and experienced with Solidworks sketchup autocad to create drawings of lightning protection, ground systems and product installation details
- Experience with measuring, drawing components and assemblies from existing samples
- Experienced creating simple, architectural plan view and elevation, view drawings
- Experience making bill of material from assembly drawings
- Able to build models of structures and PV field earthing grids
- Able to create drawings of lightning protection, ground systems and product installation details
- Good communication skills– English and Spanish – Microsoft office and Teams
- Good basic electrical systems knowledge of low voltage power distribution and grounding
- Surge protection device applications from DEHN product line
- Able to learn DEHNplan, IEC 62305 design methods and DEHN LPS product line
- Able to learn XGSlabs Software Modeling of grounding field system
- DEHN Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.